Sunday, May 30, 2010

3 more weeks!

So I am now 37 weeks pregnant and counting! I am more and more excited to have a cuddly baby to hold every time I look in his room. My doctor says that everything is going perfectly--I'm healthy, baby is healthy, and now it's just a waiting game while baby chubbys up! I have to say, I didn't expect all the things I've been experiencing lately--such as having a hard time tying my shoes, fishing for those troublesome socks in the back of the dryer, and picking up items on the ground. I guess I just never imagined that doing such easy things would become difficult! It's not too bad though and the end is in sight and then I'll get many lifetimes worth of tying shoes, fishing for lost socks, and picking up after little hands and feet. 

Well, since it's been awhile, let me go back about a month. I had another baby shower with my family (as well as some friends from Salt Lake). It turned out amazing and I really appreciate all the thought everyone put into the gifts for baby and I. It was great to see so many of the family! Especially since Dan and I won't be at the Grant Family Reunion this year since baby will only be about 2 weeks old.

 
While we stayed at my parents house during Mother's Day weekend, Dan started my mom's remodel of her kitchen. He moved all the electrical work, the dishwasher, and the cabinets from the island in the middle of the kitchen to up against the wall. It's looking really good and I'm glad he was able to help so much!
On a more recent note, my mom and I celebrated our 55th and 25th birthday on Monday of this past week, so we had a family party at my sister's house over Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast! All the family came up and we had a BBQ lunch, cupcakes with candles, and presents.

 

After the party, Dan and I stayed at my sister's house and came home today. We decided to take a new route and drove through Wyoming and came down through Bear Lake. It was a pretty drive even though it took us a little longer. We love Bear Lake. We frequently drive up there on weekends and go look around. We stopped at the Bear Lake overlook before heading back down Logan Canyon to take some pictures since Bear Lake was incredibly blue today and it was perfect weather for the weekend.

4 comments:

BOSCO BINGO said...

only 3 weeks! very exciting! you will be holding that sweet baby before you know it:) Give him lots of love from Texas!
Mom loves the pics from bear lake.
Love & miss ya'll, jamie, mom & dad

Lisa said...

We can't wait to meet our nephew! It was fun hangin out with you guys this weekend!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

sad i wasn't at your shower. :( you need to email me and tell me something you still want or need since lisa told me you pretty much brought in a load of stuff! yea! I'll just take it to your moms...but i don't want to get you something you'll return! good luck with everything! so excited for you!

xxx!

The Family said...

I L.O.V.E that shot of Bear Lake! I can never get enough of it!!! It seems like your shower was wonderful! I am so sorry I couldnt make it but I hope you have everything you need!!! I love ya heather and cant wait for you to have your beautiful baby!!!