This year we weren't able to make a family trip to Texas for Thanksgiving since Dan just started his new job this week so instead we spent it up at my sister Lisa's house with all my siblings and parents. It was really fun to have all 10 of the kids there--they loved having so many cousins to play with. Ethan happily followed his older cousins around everywhere. Dinner was impressive, but then, when is a Thanksgiving anything less than impressive? I even made a pie that was gluten-free and my own rolls. Everything turned out very tasty! A big thank you goes out to Lisa & Cody for hosting it at their house.
As for Black Friday- I'm afraid I've never been one for the midnight sales, but since Walmart opened at 10pm, I thought I'd give it a try. Epic fail! There's a reason I don't do Black Friday sales. The Walmart near my parents had so many people you would have thought it was Free Admission day at Disney World! It was crazy and even though I had a predetermined list of items I would have liked, there was no way I was going to be fighting a gazillion people and waiting in 2 hour lines for a few dollars in savings. So we just left. Then I went shopping online. Much more my style! And I still got the discount prices I was hoping for.
Shopping online left me with plenty of time on Friday to spend time outside with my little boy (Dan, unfortunately, had to work on Friday). My parents have some huge trees in their backyard and Ethan helped with the raking and bagging.
At least until he found more fun things to do like going down the slide or playing in the swing.
He came back in with some very, very rosy cheeks and some cold fingers but was smiling and chattering away!


No comments:
Post a Comment