Thursday, January 7, 2010

40th Super Bowl in Miami!!!


Dan got some really exciting news today at work! He won a contest from DirecTV for 2 tickets to the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami, Florida!!! His prize includes 2 First Class round trip tickets to Florida, a 5-day 4-night stay in a 5-Star hotel, amazing lower bowl tickets, and spending cash!! Needless to say, we are heading to sunny Florida come the beginning of February!

We were completely shocked because only 2 people in all of Qwest's many centers won the DirecTV grand prize! All of the managers and even the CEO from Denver, CO came to present him with his prize. He get's additional paid vacation days to compensate for all the days he'll miss and I was able to take it off work too so that we can both go.

Now we are anxiously waiting to find out what teams will be playing in the Super Bowl!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Daniel you are soooooo lucky
Ya'll have fun, i'm sure ya'll will

Lisa said...

Lucky!!(as Napoleon Dynamite would say) Kev came home and told me the news. It sounds like you will be given the royal treatment for five days. It is awesome that your work is giving you extra vacations days for it as well. We will miss not having you at the cabin with us. But we know that you will be living it up in Florida.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is so exciting!!! I am so jealous. My sister is on a mission in Miami, I wish I could come!

BOSCO BINGO said...

I guess I am the last finding out but so very very cool!! Now lets hope the Cowboys make it:) Enjoy your trip!

Shantel said...

Hey guys, I found your blog through someone else in the old ward, hope that's ok! Congrats on the Super Bowl extravaganza winnings, that rocks! And I noticed you guys are having a baby as well, how exciting!!! We hope all is going well for you guys!
Shantel England

The Family said...

WOW seriously your 2010 year is the best story I have ever heard of!!!! That is so awesome for you guys!!! I hope you have an awesome time and that the weather is good for you guys!!! take lots of pictures and think of me for just a sec at the game LOL