Hello everybody! I'm finally home from the hospital and can introduce you to the newest member of the Pelfrey Family!
Meet Ethan James Pelfrey!
Born June 18, 2010 at 10:19pm
7lbs 10oz
20 inches
On Friday morning, Dan and I were getting ready for work and I kept having contractions that were consistently about 3-4 minutes apart. We almost got to work before turning around and heading to the hospital instead because I didn't think I'd last long at work. We checked into the hospital and they had me a wait an hour since I wasn't quite were they'd like but then they admitted me. 13 long hours later, I had Ethan! It was a quite a haul and, in the end, the doctor had to use forceps to get Ethan out since his head was a little big, but he is totally healthy and it was worth the extra hours and pain to have Ethan come into the world healthy and normal!
Here's the happy Daddy holding him while they stitched Mom back together.
And a very tired Mommy finally gets to hold him for the first time!
I stayed in the hospital Saturday and Sunday. Now we're back at home getting to know each other, recovering, and trying to find some semblance of a routine that works for everybody! My mom came up on Sunday and will be staying with us to help me while Dan goes back to work, which has already been such a blessing so I'm kind of slow on my feet right now.
The best part of being a mom is that it feels so natural. I don't always know what to do or have all the answers, but all questions go out the window when he calms down in my arms or when Dan and I cuddle with him! It feels like we've just been waiting for him to come along! What an awesome feeling knowing that someone is so dependent on you and you can take care of him! Dan and I are thrilled to be parents to such an adorable little boy!




5 comments:
Congratulations Pelfrey family! Glad he made it here safe and sound, and so ADORABLE! Parenthood is the greatest. :)
CONGRATS!! He is darling!! That is so exciting you are a Mom!! Hope all the recovering goes well for you and baby.
He's so cute! Congrats Heather! I'm so happy for you guys!!
He is adorable! We can't wait to come and see him!
Congrats on your adorable baby boy!!! I am glad that everything turned out ok with delivery. Now go get some sleep!
Post a Comment