Friday, July 23, 2010

Ethan's Blessing Day

Today is 2 milestones in Ethan's life--first, he's now officially 1 month old and second, we blessed him today at church. We were able to have a ton of family be in town for the blessing--Dan's parents flew up from Texas on Saturday to spend the week with us and meet Ethan for the first time and my family all came up from Salt Lake. We also had several of our friends come as well. It was great to have so many people there to support us when we blessed him. Dan did a wonderful job! I'm so grateful for the priesthood in our home and for the example Dan sets for me! I love him so much!
 Ethan wore the same blessing outfit that Dan wore when he was a baby...although Dan was a much, MUCH bigger baby then Ethan. Haha We had to pin the outfit around the legs and body because it was made for a 13-18lb baby and Ethan isn't even 8lbs yet!

After church, we had everyone come back to our house (somehow we squeezed everyone in!) and had a light dinner. I made a ton of chicken salad and we had rolls, drinks, fruit, chips, and ice cream and we all talked and took tons of pictures!

Grandma & Grandpa Pelfrey and Ethan all taking a little nap before church
4 generations picture (Great-Grandma Grant, Grandma Sue, Heather, and Ethan--and spouses!) oh and some nieces that snuck into the picture
 Grandpa Foster holding Blake and Ethan
Ethan and all his cousins!
 Lisa and I with our baby boys!

It was such a fun day and I'm so glad so many members of our family and so many friends were able to be there to share it with us!

I'll be posting more pictures soon of our week with Jim & Gloria since they stayed with us all week!




1 comment:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

he is so cute heather...you are such a darling mom! I love that he got to wear your hubbys outfit. kallie wore mine and it was so special! Congrats on an amazing baby and and an amazing day!