I can't believe Ethan will be 2 months old this week! Well, actually, I can believe it because I have the cutest, daily living reminder practically attached to my hip everywhere I go. Not that I mind!
Ethan had his two month doctor's appointment yesterday and to his utter dismay, it was shot day. Poor little guy was all smiles and happy noises until the doctor and nurse came in. His legs are a little sore from his 3 shots and he sported some awesome Looney Tunes band-aids to show off his battle scars. Fortunately, he was incredibly tired since the appointment was right in the middle of when he normal takes his morning nap and he fell back to sleep before I even left the doctors office.
They also took all his measurements. Ethan is 8lbs 13 oz. and 21 and 2/4 inches long, which puts him in the 4% percentile for weight and 12% percentile for length. He's still a little guy but considering that both of his parents were the runt of the litters in their families, it's not too surprising.
As for growing, we're working on "chunking" him up (as Dan puts it) but he's differently getting enough sleep! He's pretty good during the day, taking two naps of about 2-3 hours each, it varies a little what time he takes his naps but, hey, he's napping so I'm not complaining. And at night? Oh my goodness, this little boy is an ANGEL! Ethan regularly sleeps 9-10 hours every night! I put him down around 9-10pm and he doesn't wake up until 7-8am.Mommy and Daddy love it!
This past week has been the best for catching Ethan's smile on camera. Although as soon as I pull out the camera, he stops smiling and stares at the camera that blinds him with its flashing lights. This usually is followed by some impromptu photoshoots!
Happy little boy!
Like Father like Son!
I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring(cough-cannibal-cough) husband and an adorable little boy!
5 comments:
It was fun seeing some new pictures of Ethan! He already looks so different since when we saw him a couple of weeks ago.
Don't mind me-your blog stalker-but I love the pictures of your little family! What a sweet boy you have, and definitely an angel to sleep so well. Almost makes you forget the crazy first little bit of sleeplessness...
Still jealous he sleeps so well at night. I'm hoping Blake will start that trend this week. He's a cutie! I love the picture of the 3 of you on the grass.
What a cute family you have! It's so nice when they finally start smiling! Enjoy him while he's little.
I know you were joking when you said Dan was the runt of the fam....he was the biggest at birth!:)
Post a Comment