Sunday, January 30, 2011

Grant Family Snowmobiling Party

We spent this last weekend up at the cabin with all of my cousins from the Grant side (Mom's side) of the family. It's fun to get together with all the family since I only get to see some of my cousins once or twice a year. We have this Grant Family Snowmobiling Party every year. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins go up to the cabin and get the chance to go snowmobiling and sledding. This year was really fun since it was Ethan's first time on a snowmobile. We drove up on Friday night after Dan got off work and spent the night. A whole bunch of cousins and family stayed over, we even had my cousins from Texas come up for the weekend. They had never met Ethan. This is my Aunt Tracy holding Ethan before his bedtime.

After breakfast on Saturday, we spent all day either inside playing games and talking or outside sledding, tubing, or snowmobiling. Ethan actually loved the snowmobile. I thought he might cry because it was loud but he seemed perfectly content to sit in front of me and watch what was going on through his goggles.
 We took a couple of family rides around the pasture and up through the cabins. Ethan actually fell asleep at one point in the ride. I looked down at him and thought he had his eyes closed but it was hard to tell through his goggles. When we stopped we found out he was asleep! I guess the noises and rumbles lulled him to sleep.



 We also went for a little sled ride and played in some of the snowbanks.  Ethan didn't really like the snowbanks a whole lot. He was still kind of sleepy.


Dan and I got to go out by ourselves when Ethan was down for naps or playing with his Grandma.
 It was a really fun weekend and we had a blast hanging out with the family. We really want to try and go up to the cabin more often and enjoy the snowmobiles before winter ends.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ethan's goggles are too cute! I'm surprised he actually let you keep them on his face! :)