Monday, February 20, 2012

Austin's Video Update

Austin is officially off of all his IV fluids and is taking to nursing and a bottle like a pro! His oxygen is now down to less than 1/2 liter/hr and they are hoping to completely wean him off of it before we leave, if he isn't, then they said they'll send him home with the oxygen. He was taken off the photosynthesis lights last night and tomorrow is the last day of his antibiotics.  After that, he has a day of observation and discharge check-ups and if everything is still going well then we get to bring him home Wednesday night or Thursday sometime!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sweetheart! I can't wait to cuddle him. He's so small!

Ken said...

I can't wait either... He is one handsome baby. I sure love my grandkids and you (of course).

Dad

Amber said...

So cute! Glad he is progressing well & you can bring him home soon!

BOSCO BINGO said...

He is just too sweet! I Love You Austin- from cousin Bex:)
Grandma & Grandpa & Aunt Jamie can't wait to hold you!

Eric and Suzanne said...

Heather and Dan he is adorable!!!! I can't imagine going through such a huge change and then having to have a scare like that on top of it all! So glad everything is going smoother. He looks healthy and looks like he is doing great! HOW CUTE!