Monday, August 12, 2013

Backyards, Boys, and Boisterous Plants

Since Dan and I have never had a backyard before...ok let me rephrase that-we've never had a backyard where I felt comfortable letting my kids go out alone and going barefoot. Sooo, we've been learning a lot this summer. 

Things like...

How to fix sprinklers. Dan grew up in Texas where it rains all the time so who needs sprinklers. 
I had them but I still have no clue how to fix them. 
Battling this weird vine thing that's eating my fence and all plants with a 10-foot radius. I cut it back every week and then it looks like this the next day. 
I swear that one of these days I'm going to walk out there and it's going to say, "Feed me, Seymour!"
And watering random dead spots on the grass (because of broken sprinklers that we're figuring out how to fix) only to have Ethan confiscate the hose and portable sprinkler so he and the neighbor kids can have water fights. 
I admit, I don't mind this one that much. We've had a lot of fun water fights. 
Despite, our small issues, we love it and spend a lot of time there. 

No comments: