Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Egg Hunts

I've been loving this Easter season and teaching my kids about the true meaning of Easter. They still don't completely understand but Dan and I try to place more emphasis on Christ's Atonement for us and his Resurrection.  

Nevertheless, I  still took the boys to our ward Easter Egg Hunt. They had a blast picking up their eggs and eating their goodies as fast as they could. 
My family had a tradition of hiding our Easter baskets so when we woke up we had to find them. I remember years of baskets hidden, in ceiling lights, up the chimney flue, inside the piano, in drawers, on high shelves and many more so I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition with my kids. 

Ethan and Austin's Easter baskets weren't hidden in outrageous places but they did have to look for them. Ethan found his in the entertainment center and Austin's was hidden behind the couch. They had a lot of fun looking for them and all the Easter eggs. 
They ended up with Easter candy, a new game, sidewalk chalk and some bubbles. I love how the simple things are what make them the happiest!

Happy Easter!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Seems like I'm the only one that doesn't hide the baskets. They were set out nicely on the couch - although my kids never went into the room and didn't realize they were there for about an hour after they woke up. Scrooge is my name.