Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy, busy weekend!

The last weekend in April turned out to be pretty interesting and busy! I had one of my best friends, Liz Rich, get married in the Salt Lake Temple and I was a bridesmaid in the wedding party. Liz and I met while I was living in Baltimore, MD working and she was finishing an internship for her interior design major. We ended up in the same single's ward (actually they only have one in Baltimore) and become good friends and found out that we both we going to be returning to Utah State University. Ever since then, we've been close friends.


Liz was a bridesmaid in my wedding as well and it was really fun to be able to be in her wedding as well. She got married in the Salt Lake Temple and so Dan and I had to be up really really on Saturday morning to be there and then we had to drive to one of my clogging competitions right after out in Taylorsville.

It was third year that my team has been performing and we did really well! We had two dances this year- Acappella and aExhibition (Hicktown). We are starting a new 3rd dance in the fall and my other classes are going to be joining us at comeptition next year. I'm hoping to be able to go to Western Nationals next spring with all of my teams and any other students I have by then!

Dan was such a good sport throughout the whole day going from the wedding to competition and back to the reception. He took pictures, videotaped, and was our #1 fan! This was his 2nd competition that he has gone to with me and I was very grateful that he came!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Finally you are getting back into blogging! You are so cute Heather - and you look GREAT! I'm jealous, love my kids but they don't do much for a figure!

The Family said...

That is awesome that you are still dancing! I miss hearing you in the hallway of JHS lol Dan really is a good sport! Lots of brownie points!!! lol

kaylene said...

Oh! Post video of the dances so I can see them!!! I am so jealous, and you girls look amazing.