The 4
th day we spent the entire day on Isle
Mujeres (Island of Women). It was a small island off Cancun. So early that morning, we headed down to the ferry that took us across to the island. The ferry ride was about 30-40 minutes long and it was a beautiful day, if not a little windy.

Once we got to the island, they had a short dolphin show. It turns out that most of the people on the ferry with us were going to swim with the dolphins. The price was outrageously high so we passed on it. We were amazed at the amounts of money that people would pay for this sort of thing. I'm sure it would have be fun, but we weren't about to pay over $100 per person for about 20-30 minutes.

We took a taxi down to the
Garrafon Park area and decided to go snorkeling first before any crowds got there.

This time the weather was perfect, the water had calm, and they gave us equipment to use that was a much better fit. I really enjoyed snorkeling once I had a chance to learn in a quiet cove with no huge waves and the reef marked with buoys.

We saw tons of these little fish everywhere!

We even saw a barracuda. It didn't come near us but it was cool to at least see it.

After snorkeling, we hung in hammocks on the beach or laid out. I opted for a hammock since I couldn't get comfortable laying out. I'm getting to the point in this pregnancy where laying on my back is uncomfortable. While we were on the island, we got free drinks and a buffet lunch. It was a pretty nice perk since it was a hot day and we could relax in our hammocks and drink our non-alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiris.

After lunch, we headed back to the dolphin area, which was were the ferry would pick us up again. Dan chilled in a hammock while I got a ton of pictures of the other marine animals at
Garrafon Park. They had more dolphins in the other pens and, from what I could tell, a few of them were baby dolphins.

They also had two huge manatees and several sea lions.


We really enjoyed the whole day on Isle
Mujeres and definitely recommend the island. And the best part--Neither of us burned from spending all day in the sun! Both of us look a little red in this picture but it faded to a tan within 2 days of getting home!

We had a beautiful view of the sunset on the way back to Cancun.
2 comments:
It's seriously that expensive to swim with a dolphin? Good call by not doing it! What pretty waters, I'm so jealous!
My goodness, you've been quite the travelers lately! Live it up, I say. I'm jealous:)
Post a Comment