Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Every year, we switch off spending Christmas and Thanksgiving either in Texas with Dan's family or here in Utah with my family. This year, Thanksgiving was with my family so on Thursday we headed down to my Grandpa Foster's for a big Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad's side of the family.  My Grandma and Grandpa Foster were very welcoming and I am very grateful we got to spend the holiday with them!  Dinner was so good and we had enough food to feed an army! I even made my first gluten-free apple pie, which was delicious! The crust and filling with extremely tasty. I was excited it turned out so well. Thank goodness for GF pie crust mixes!  We also went and visited my other grandparents. Ethan fell asleep on Grandma Grant's lap. He was all tuckered out from playing with his cousins all day.

After stuffing ourselves silly, my brother Kevin and his family, my younger brother Spencer, and Dan played my Grandpa Foster's Wii. It was pretty entertaining watching Spencer get creamed by his nephew at Wii Boxing and Dan and Spencer facing off at Wii Golf. The kids loved playing the games and Ethan got to sit with his grandpa while the cousins all played.

He loves his Grandpa Foster!

Dan had to go back up to Logan that night since he had to work on Friday, so Ethan and I stayed at my parents Thursday night. I didn't do any shopping on Friday; the lines are too crazy for me! Instead, I met my friends Kami and Suzanne for lunch. I hadn't seen them in almost a year so it was great to catch up with them! When I got back from lunch, we headed up to the cabin in Oakley to give Ethan his first taste of snowsuits and snowmobiles. Unfortunately, the snowmobiles weren 't ready yet so we just played out in the snow. Ethan did NOT like his snowsuit at first. It took him a little while to warm up to the idea that his hands  weren't accessible to suck on.


Finally, he got used to the snowsuit and ended up having a good time!
 
 
Ethan had fun playing with Uncle Cody.




 
Grandma Sue, Ethan, and Blake chillin' by the fire.

    Ethan shared his toys with Blake all weekend.


Ethan showed off how he can sit up by himself!

 Well, almost!

Dan was able to come back down and meet us at the cabin on Friday night. Then on Saturday, we drove to Lisa and Cody's house so Dan and Cody could watch football while Lisa and I got ready for the day.  We ended up in Sandy again at Cody's parents house watching the BYU vs U of U football game. Cody's family is all hardcore BYU fans and Dan came all decked out in his U of U gear. It was pretty interesting and I know Dan had to be very restrained in his enthusiasm (at least till the end of the game!). Lisa and I did some Christmas shopping but made it back in time to watch the Utes beat the Cougars! Go Utes!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hadn't heard about Parkers victory over Spencer at Wii boxing. I wish I could have been there. It would have been fun to see you guys. I am glad that Ethan ended up liking the snowsuit. It looks good on him. I love his chubby cheeks.