Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Easter!

I love Easter. Not just because of the fantastic Cadbury Caramel Eggs and pastel Peanut M&Ms (they are excellent bonuses though) but for the actual story of the atonement and resurrection of Christ. As a mother, I'm looking forward to be able to teach my boys about the meaning of Easter and actually have them understand it. I talked to Ethan about it but all he got out of my short, small-worded explanation was "Ee-sis" or Jesus ,then he wanted his Easter eggs back. It was a good start. Baby steps.

I did take Austin to church but only for the sacrament (and no, I didn't take a picture of him in his eater outfit). I'm still paranoid about bringing him to the lessons since I know more people will want to peek in on him, touch his hands, or squish his cute cheeks and the NICU/doctors said we should really be waiting 3 months before taking him to public places with lots of people, especially because he was on oxygen for so long. Our ward choir did the program and it was beautiful. I loved listening to the Easter music and singing the hymns. When you're wrestling your toddler, bribing him with (guilty shrug) jellybeans to stay quiet, and trying to keep him from running toys cars over the pew, it's lot easier to feel peaceful while listening to hymns rather than concentrating on what someone is saying. I'm just thankful Ethan's not like that every week.

When said toddler woke up from his nap after church, we gave him his Easter basket. He had a blast taking everything out of the basket and zeroing in on the candy. He got new Mickey Mouse board books, new toddler plastic plates, glow-in-the-dark wands, a new good-night book, animal crackers, and Easter candy. He loved playing with the Easter eggs afterwards. I'll admit I let him go to town on the candy since hey, it's Easter. He doesn't get candy very often.




Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the boys in their white shirts and matching ties. Austin spit up all over his outfit and Ethan wouldn't keep his tie after church. You'll just have to take my word that it was adorable!

 We had a wonderful Easter dinner at my parents house with my family and we got to sit and talk with my brothers and sister and their families and my grandparents. It was very relaxing just sitting and chatting with the fam while Ethan ran rampant with his cousins. Perfect way to end the Easter holiday!

No comments: