Also, my phone halfway died on me. The touch screen on my phone decided to stop working so the only thing I'm able to do is call people in my callback list. I can't access text messages, voicemail, contact lists, or any other function on my phone. So if you need to contact me, I can't read your text messages, so just give me a call. If I don't answer, DON'T leave a message--for some bizarre reason people who leave me messages don't show up in my callback list so I will have no way of contacting you. Thanks!
Anyway, on to the kiddos. Let me explain something, my boys are blessed with thick heads of hair (well, Austin's is on it's way to becoming thick). Copious amounts of thick hair that grows very quickly, thus, Ethan probably needs a haircut every 3 weeks but I tend to let it grow out for about 6-7 weeks, giving him the shaggy, I-have-crazy-cowlicks look. Not to mention that putting gel in his hair means it sticks straight up about 4 or 5 inches. Up until now, I have been completely against cutting my boys' hair on my own. Dan's neckline is about all I'll do. I had (still have) this irrational fear of clippers and accidentally nicking their head with the clippers. So I've kept my distance. Everyone's happy.
Except now I have 3 boys that need haircuts and it's starting to add up. So I decided to toughen up and buy a nice set of clippers (with guards) and figure out how to cut hair at home. After studying a few (read: dozens) of websites about cutting little boys hair, we gave it a try. Dan started it for me and Ethan was such a good Guinea pig and sat so still so I could try out my completely inexperienced hand at cutting hair.
Ethan's face says, "Dad! Why did you give her scissors!"
Attempting the fohawk.
Then we cut Austin's hair for the first time. His hair isn't as thick yet, but it's growing out faster now and it was getting a little too long on the neck and in random tufts in the front.
After lots of tears, the bottom looked pretty good. Now it was on to trying to blend the top and sides.
He had a pretty high mohawk until we trimmed it down and gave him a little fohawk. He actually did better than I thought he would for his first haircut. I think it helped that he sat there and watched Ethan get his hair cut too.
After it was over, Dan was on clean up duty and I plunked both boys in the tub for a scrub.
So handsome!
Not too bad for our first home hair cuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment