Dan and I took his parents up to Porcupine Dam which about 45 min south of Logan while they were visiting us for the 4th of July. You have to drive to drive down this little dirt road to get to the dam and then it winds around the whole side of the reservoir.

The last time Dan and I drove up to Porcupine was when we were dating and he nearly got his Xterra stuck in the mud while off-roading. I'd forgotten how beautiful it was--especially after all the rain that Logan has been getting.
Porcupine Dam was built in the early 1930's to help irrigate the southern end of Cache Valley. Most of the land down in Paradise and Avon had never been irrigated before the dam was built and it's become a great spot for fishing, camping, and cliff-jumping (although the water is a little cold).



At the end of Porcupine Dam, there's a gate that leads to Cinnamon Creek, a campground that's owned by the church. Dan and I would love to go camping there and are trying to get our ward to go there for a ward camp-out this summer. We walked along the top of the Dam and took some pictures. I tried in vain to get Dan to take a decent picture, but to no avail...

1 comment:
Nice smile Dan.
Post a Comment