I love watching Ethan interact with Austin. He's so sweet with his little brother. He softly pats his head or kisses his hands. He runs over to the pack-n-play whenever Austin cries or gets fussy and asks, "Ba-ee okay?" and tries to give me Austin's binkies, blankets, diapers and anything else he can reach while I'm feeding him. Ethan always says good night to Little Brother with a kiss on the head. He even brought out his bucket of blocks and shared them with a sleeping Austin. What a good brother!
On the other hand, Austin loves listening to Ethan. Ethan climbs up on his chair and leans over the edge of the rocking chair when I'm holding Austin and "talks" to us. I can't understand most of what he's saying but Austin cranes his neck around to look at Ethan and watches him intently.
Dan and I just look at each other and smile. People may think I'm crazy for having my kids so close together-20 months apart isn't even that close-but as they both get a little bigger they'll be such good buddies!
2 comments:
Cute boys. We need to see them. I don't think our kids have met Austin yet.
They aren't too close in age. That's how far apart I am from my older brother, and that's how far apart Nathan and his, soon to be, little brother will be.
Post a Comment