Last Saturday night, Rock Creek Pizza Co. of Sandy hosted an amazing fundraiser for my sister Lisa and her fight with brain cancer. The owners and managers, Rose and Tony and Dede and John, are very close friends of our family and all of my siblings and I have worked for them. They organized a huge fundraiser with a raffle, silent auction, bands, donation bins, and amazing pizza. They donated the proceeds from the whole day to help Lisa pay for her $300+ a day chemo medicine, which she has to take for at least a year. It was incredibly generous of them and we were blessed to have so many friends and family be able to come!
Dan stayed home with Austin so I could have a night out, which was really sweet since I haven't really gone anywhere since I had him. So I took Ethan and we spent the evening over at Rock Creek talking, eating, and meeting with family, friends, neighbors, previous ward members and tons of people that knew Lisa as we grew up. I got there a little after 6pm and there was a huge line out the door and it was crazy inside! It was loud, busy, and packed with so many wonderful people! The outpouring of support for Lisa was overwhelming and they raised a ton of money to help Lisa and Cody pay for her treatments.
Rose and Dede topped the night off by shaving their hair too! They are two of the sweetest people ever and they really pulled out all the stops to help Lisa.
1 comment:
Wow, I didn't know about Lisa! I'll keep her and all your family in my prayers. How blessed you are to have wonderful friends and family, and generous people to help! Oh, and congrats on the new babe, Austin. Didn't know he was in the NICU. We know how that is! It's so nice when they get to come home! They are cute kids:)
Post a Comment