Monday, June 25, 2012

Starpoint Camping Trip!

We went camping this past weekend for our ward campout. Our stake has property down near Scofield Reservoir called Starpoint and they've fixed it up really nice. It was really fun (even though  we were sorely disappointed with our ward turnout--not very many families made the trip).  We haven't been camping in forever! I think it's been almost 3 years! I'm pretty sure the last time we went was before I was pregnant with Ethan so it was definitely about time. 

We drove down to Starpoint after Dan got off work on Friday and once we made it through the mess that's I-15 in Utah County and past the smoke-filled valley from the Saratoga Springs fires, it was beautiful. The drive wasn't too bad but we knew that getting there would take way longer because of stupid traffic in Utah County. Austin slept the whole way and Ethan sang along to the radio with us and pointed out every "Moo-cow" we passed. 

We got there at about 8pm and set up our tent. Ethan loved helping Dan hammer down all the tent stakes. He was amazed at how the tent went up. 

 Austin and I hung out and watched while Daddy and Ethan set up the tent, then helped move our bags and bedding in.
 Austin was such a little trooper. I was a little nervous that he'd wake up crying at all hours of the night but he stayed true to form and slept through the night. We bundled him up really good with jackets, hats, gloves, socks, and a million blankets to fight off the chill. His hands got a little cold at night since he kept wiggling them out of his cocoon of blankets but when he woke up at about 7am and ate he snuggled in between Dan and I and warmed right up.
 Ethan had a blast running around the campsite, chasing the overly-friendly squirrels, sweeping the dust with the tent broom, getting dirty, and generally being a little boy.
 He found real quick that dirt doesn't taste very good.
 Austin hung out in the back of the car while we took down the tent and packed everything up. 
 Ethan loved running around inside the empty tent and playing peek-a-boo out the windows.
 Even though Ethan liked camping and having his own sleeping bag, he definitely let us know when he'd had enough of the great outdoors and wanted to leave.
The boys both did so good for their first time camping and we can't wait to go again! 

No comments: