My Grandma Foster passed away December 12 and her funeral was last Friday. Dan and I postponed our trip to Texas so we could attend. It was such a sad, but wonderful day as my whole family got together and reminisced about all our happy memories of Grandma. She's had health complications that have continually gone downhill since last year after she lost her sight. My Grandpa took such great care of her during all of it. There was such a huge outpouring of love and support from friends and family, especially for my grandpa. My grandmother was a very special lady and we got to hear so many great stories of her humorous, vivacious, and loving personality. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful grandmother and I'm glad that we were able to spend so much time with her.

My family had me read the obituary at the funeral and say a few words on behalf of all the grandchildren. Even though, I cried almost the whole way through, I felt such a strong confirmation that she is now happily reunited with her parents, brothers, and sisters. She is loves us and we will all be able to be together again someday. It's at times like this that I'm even more grateful for the church and the knowledge that we are an eternal family. We will get to see her again someday. I love her and we will all miss her.
These are a few of my favorite pictures with my Grandma.
 |
| Lisa, April, Grandma and Heather on our church history trip to Nauvoo in 2005. |
 |
| My grandparents at our wedding reception. |
2 comments:
Sorry about your Grandma, Heather. I just want to add my testimony to yours that you will get to see her again.
I am sorry about your Grandma. That's neat you got to represent the grandchildren. I hope you are doing ok through this time.
Post a Comment